Yup, it's that time for another healthy recipe! And the star of this recipe is salmon- the king of all fish, in my opinion. You hear a lot about salmon being a nutritional powerhouse, filled with tons of essential vitamins, omega-3 fatty acids, and protein. But what you don't hear enough about is how god damn delicious it is. I love salmon, and I feel like we have a really special relationship. When people tell me they don't like salmon, by first reaction is usually to punch them in the tooth and run away. Thankfully, I have some self control, and instead just curse them under my breath. How do you not like salmon? It's literally like the butter croissant of the sea. Rich, soft, and flaky- what's not to love?
Well if you are one of those anti-salmon folks, I beg you to reconsider and to give this beloved fish a second chance. Not only is this recipe healthy, balanced, and filling, it's quick, easy, and incredibly flavorful. With a bit of kick from the Sriracha, and some subtle hints of citrus and honey sweetness, the sauce only adds to the salmon's natural decadent flavor. The fatty richness of the perfectly cooked salmon makes you forget for just a moment that you're actually eating healthy. The spice of the fish pairs perfectly with the bright and sweet mango and creamy avocado. Great for an easy weeknight dinner!
So next time someone tells you they hate salmon, feel free to punch them in the tooth, courtesy of me. Or just make them this recipe.
Sriracha Lime Salmon with Mango & Avocado Salsa
SERVINGS: 1 PREP TIME: 10 mins COOK TIME: 15 mins DIFFICULTY: Easy
- 4 oz. Atlantic salmon
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 large avocado
- 1/2 cup mango
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Whisk together honey, Sriracha, lime juice, zest, and salt in a small bow. Set aside.
- Heat a oiled grill pan over medium-high heat, and sear salmon for 1 minute on each side (if you don't have a grill plan, feel free to skip this step.)
- Remove the the salmon from heat, and wrap in a foil packet. Pour Sriracha lime mixture over the salmon, and bake directly on oven rack for 12 minutes. ( If you skipped the searing step, bake for 15 minutes).
- While salmon bakes, combine avocado, mango, lime juice, salt, and red chili flakes in a bowl. Removed baked salmon from the oven, top with mango avocado salsa and serve.
Calories: 395, Fat: 19.7 g, Carbohydrates: 28.3 g, Protein: 27.4 g, Sugar: 23.7 g